What we collect
We may collect the following information:
▪ name and job title
▪ contact information including email address
▪ demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
▪ other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
▪ Internal record keeping.
▪ We may use the information to improve our website.
▪ We may periodically send emails about news or fundraising campaigns that we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
▪ Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email or phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Our site is hosted by squarespace.com and our email accounts are held with freeola.com and Microsoft. All these companies have their own protection measures.
Links to other websites
Our website contains links to other websites of interest, such as relevant news articles. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over this third party website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide to that site whilst visiting it. Also, such third party sites are not governed by the World Ape Fund’s privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to any third party website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
▪ whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
▪ if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us at World Ape Fund, International House, 124 Cromwell Road, Kensington, London, SW7 4ET, England, United Kingdom.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties that we think you may find interesting but only if you inform us that you wish this to happen. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to us or email us.